Ransomware Readiness Assessment
stay vigilant and prepared for cyber threats ahead with Privasec
Ransomware is a specific type of malware that uses encryption to hold target organisations’ information at ransom. With critical data encrypted, organisations lose access to their files, database or applications, which could paralyse the organisation’s operations. Now, apart from just encrypting files, double extortion is another tactic used by attackers, where ransom is demanded to prevent information being publicly released.
The average cost of remediating a ransomware attack has grown by more than US$1 million, including the cost of business downtime going up from an average of US$1.6 million in 2020 to US$2.34 million in 2021.
Asia Pacific had the highest number of organisations being attacked weekly (I,338) compared to EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) at 777 cases and America at 688.
Japan, Singapore and Indonesia experienced the most significant increase in attack activity for the region till mid-2021.
With ransomware attacks and relevant cyber extortion threats surging in numbers along with cyber ransoms demanded amounting to tens of millions, organisations need to be stay vigilant and prepared for these cyber threats. Going beyond just regular data backup, organisations need to take strong preventive measures to defend against cyber attacks.
ransomware Readiness Assessment with Privasec
An assessment with Privasec’s Certified Offensive Security Team to understand your organisation’s security gaps and remediate the ransomware exposure risk.
Simulating real-world adversaries, the assessments are based on real-world Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) utilised by ransomware attacks and cybercriminals to compromise and deploy ransomware throughout corporate Windows environments.
Upon completion of the Ransomware Readiness Assessment
A detailed report, outlining prioritised, actionable remediation activities to increase ransomware resilience will be provided. The report will focus on risk, based on the known and assumed actions of ransomware adversaries and cyber-criminal organisations.
A ransomware Readiness Assessment involves the following tasks:
- Unauthorised internal Active Directory enumeration, escalation, and lateral movement activities
- Authorised internal Active Directory enumeration, escalation, and lateral movement activities, via a Standard Operating Environment (SOE) Windows machine and associated Domain User account
- Privilege escalation activities on an SOE Windows machine from the perspective of a Domain User
- Ransomware technical control assessment on an SOE from the perspective of a Domain User
- Organisation-wide email account breached password assessment
- Network share assessment to identify sensitive or exploitable data accessible to end-users based on keyphrases
- Controlled and custom non-destructive ransomware deployment to a specific pre-defined Windows system to simulate encryption of data and test technical response
Our Team Credentials
The Industry’s Leading Offensive Security Team
Test your security defences and train your staff with the Privasec Red Team! Our direct and flexible approach will get your Red Team attack activated within 24 hours.