The Privasec team represented by Shamane Tan (Chief Growth Officer), Lim Quan Heng (Regional Head of Privasec Asia) had the privilege to speak alongside leaders and experts in the cyber security field at the recent SINCON 2021’s CXO Brief. It was an enjoyable and insightful discussion where the team heard from like-minded industry leaders from around the world on cutting-edge techniques and solutions when securing critical information infrastructure (CII) and business cyberspace.
Some of the points brought up by other industry leaders from notable cyber security companies such as Kaspersky, Horangi, NEXTGEN Group include:
- First-hand experience of how governments’ defenses approach cyber warfare;
- The importance of securing cloud environment;
- Despite many changes taking place on Identity and access management (IAM) over the last 20 years, its fundamental impact on securing organisations has always been the same; and
- The application of DevSecOps in other areas of cyber security.
The highlights of the event put together by Privasec include:
The Evolving Role of a CISO with Lim Quan Heng, Regional Head of Privasec Asia
With the rising discussions and conversations around cyber security even outside of the traditional Information Security domain, more organisations are looking at how cyber risk should be managed. Sharing from his experience, Quan Heng took the audience through the perceptions the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) role adapts, the challenges that arise from the role, and a possible strategy for the role moving forward.
Cyber Risk Success Criteria for Your Boards with Shamane Tan, Chief Growth Officer
Shamane shared key insights from her years of research and more than a thousand coffee meetings with CXOs from across the globe. This crash course for CISOs and cyber risk leaders also saw the sharing of tips on how to conduct cyber talks with non-cyber board directors – a critical skill that all leaders need in communicating with their stakeholders!
Some of the tips include:
– Taking business ownership for cyber risks
– Having appropriate investments for cyber security
– Ensuring that your organisation is equipped with the right expertise
– Having an enterprise wide perspective towards cyber risks
– Maintaining foresight for upcoming legislations about compliance and regulations
– Building industry resilience
We hope you enjoyed the event as much as we did. Thank you for the invitation and organising SINCON 2021, Infosec In the City (IIC)!
About SINCON 2021 CXO Brief
IIC’s Singapore Network — SINCON — brings top cyber security leaders and experts from both the East and the West together to share and discuss deep-technical topics and insights, and advance the region’s cyber security capabilities and capacity. SINCON features specialised training courses, thought-leadership briefings, and premier techno-centric cyber security conferences. Find out more about SINCON 2021 here