Privasec DroneSec's CTO talk at BSides
Privasec DroneSec's CTO, Mike Monnik, delivered an incredibly well-received keynote: 'A Beginner's Introduction to Drone Security' in Brisbane over the last weekend. He gave an in-depth talk on the big picture of drone security exploring the attack vectors, forensics and counter-UAS tie-ins. Privasec is glad to support BSides initiatives in our local community and the team is already looking forward to the next one. Huge congratulations to both Mike Monnik, Sajeeb Lohani and Fedora Johnson who won the first prize for the OSINT CTF for Missing Persons
A natural evolution from Penetration Testing and Red Teaming, DroneSec combines years of technical know-how with deep roots in Drone Security Industry. Our DroneSec team consists of both hackers and drone experts. Our DroneSec consultants are passionate about exploring and researching everything from drone security to legal requirements of counter-drone systems and regularly engage with drone security community via podcasts, conference talks, and advisory panels.
Here is a brief about our DroneSec Services:
- Comprehensive Drone Security Program Augmenting security within every aspect of your or your investment’s drone program management and delivery.
- Training Programs DroneSec trains organisations and individuals on the threat landscape, rules & regulations and offensive & defensive Drone operations.
- Drone Hacking, Hardening and Security Tailored services designed to test, secure and train organisations on remediating threats for their unmanned systems or fleets.
- Red Teaming and Aerial Threat Simulations A simulation analysing what malicious drones could see or do to your asset or environment resulting in playbook creation.
- Drone Forensics and Incident ResponseSpecialised technical service that re-constructs events, raw data, and information where an incident has occurred.
- Counter-UAS analysis, measures and researchProviding assurance against aerial threats to environments, events and personnel.
Privasec News - June Updates
Here's a quick recap of the different activities Privasec was involved in the month of June:
#1. We conducted a full day ISMS masterclass in our Sydney office and an introduction worshop in our Singapore office, which was very well-received.
#2. Our CISO, SEA Country Manager and APAC Executive Advisor (Prashant Haldankar, Md. Noordin and Shamane Tan) were part of Austrade's Landing Pad mission with the High Commissioner and presented on our strategy and business plans in Singapore. We were featured in the Business Telegraph, Channel Asia, CSO Online, and iTWire. Prashant was also interviewed by the local radio station with Channel News Asia, regarding his views on current cyber-attack affairs.
#3. Our DroneSec CTO (Mike Monnik) announced his latest podcast radio show on Drone Security where he interviewed some of the most interesting players in the drone industry. You can now subscribe here:
#4. The Privasec team had a lot of great discussions at the iconic Marina Bay Sands in Singapore at the recent InfoSec in the City and CommunicAsia Conference. We covered in-depth our Red Teaming services, expertise in helping CISOs with their cybersecurity strategies, and spoke to government officials regarding their queries on hardening their drones and performing forensics on them.
Our DroneSec CTO, Mike Monnik's talk on 'A Hacker's perspective on Drones' was the talk of the town. Our APAC Executive Advisor, Shamane Tan's talk to CxOs on 'Global CISO Insights' saw a lot of C-execs reaching out to her to tap into her expertise and upcoming book 'Cyber Risk Leaders'. You can pre-register your interest for her book here.
#5. We also released our newly designed hoodies and t-shirts!
#6. It has been a fantastic month and our team was extremely busy working on many exciting projects including:
- SCADA/ ICS testing on Critical Infrastructure,
- Governance, Risk and Compliance programs,
- Executive Awareness or Incident Response/ War Room workshops,
- Penetration testing, and
- Red teaming engagements on a variety of industries.
Privasec Ladies in Support of the Tech Girls Movement Program
Well done to our Privasec ladies who are currently part of the Tech Girls Movement (TGM) program. TGM is a great initiative and search for the next Tech Girl Superheroes and our ladies have said yes to mentoring some of the brightest groups of young girls through STEM. Great work Shamane Tan, Jacqueline Ung Vivienne Mutembwa and Nazia Mastali left to right) for sowing into our next generation!
Privasec in the News - as part of the Austrade's Australian Landing Pad
Privasec's CISO Prashant Haldankar, was in Singapore last week together with our APAC Executive Advisor Shamane Tan and local Country Head Md Noordin. Prashant presented on our strategy and business plans at the Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade) Australian Landing Pads. Bruce Gosper, the Australian High Commissioner to Singapore and his team were also at the event itself.
"We are all about being with you on your journey to uplift your security posture as your trusted governance and information security partners." Prashant stated.
It was a big event - the LandingPad program is part of Australia's National Innovation and Science Agenda and in addition to Singapore, it also operates in San Francisco, Tel Aviv, Shanghai and Berlin. Privasec is proud to have been mentioned in CSO Online, Business Times, iTWire, The Business Telegraph, ARN, Channel Asia, Sgsme.sg amongst many others.
Privasec consultants are your leading governance and information security partners. Our team of consultants has been protecting businesses for more than a decade. Here are a few more reasons for choosing us:
- We believe in partnering with our customers and building long term relationships with them.
- Our team is driven by business outcomes. Our consultants have strong technical backgrounds along with business expertise and experience.
- We are vendor and technology agnostic.
- Our consultants are well recognised industry experts and apply both their knowledge and relationships to achieve the required outcome.
- We are happy to adapt our schedule based on our client's priority. We work within our client's budget. We can adapt our payment schedule to meet our client's CapEx and OpEx constraints.
- All our consultants hold various industry certifications. Check out a few here.
- Privasec's primary consultant is always there to make sure that our client gets the best outcome, no matter the type of engagement.
To know more about our services click here or call us at T(AU): 1800 996 001 T(NZ): +64 9 222 4725 T(SG): +65 6631 8375 T(MY): +603 2788 3709.
Privasec Partners with Cyber Risk Meetup in Singapore
Privasec is proud to have partnered with Cyber Risk Meetup in Singapore for the latest meetup “Managing Cyber Risk”. This meetup discussed the current market trends, whilst exploring the various aspects of managing Cyber Risk. A big thanks to the Cyber Risk Meetup organiser Shamane Tan, Privasec Team Md Noordin, Prashant Handalkar & Marilyn Chua and the speakers Theo Nassiokas, Venkatesh Subramaniam, Magda CHELLY, Darren Argyle and Edward Wong.